Menu

Apartment Heavily Damaged In Monday Night Blaze

Share this post
Columbia Assistant Fire Chief Jim Broshears, right, directs the firefighting efforts at the burning Columbia Apartment.
Columbia Assistant Fire Chief Jim Broshears, right, directs the firefighting efforts at the burning Columbia Apartment.

A candle that had fallen onto a sofa in a first-level apartment sparked a fire Monday that heavily damaged a three-story complet at 205 Agnew Street in Columbia. All residents were able to safely exit.  The fire started in the Unit A2 apartment of Tim Toenjes. He was transported to a hospital and treated for …

Apartment Heavily Damaged In Monday Night Blaze Read More »

To access more content, login or subscribe to the Monroe County Independent. 

If you are are not yet a subscriber you can purchase a subscription here.

You Might Also Be Interested In

Inmate Dies While In Custody At Monroe County Jail

A New Athens man behind bars at the Monroe County Jail died in his cell early Friday morning. Joshua Glaus, 32,...
email sports chs roxana DSC_6100

Columbia Pep Band Kicks Off Playing Season

The Columbia boys basketball team had their season opening on Dec. 10. The boys in blue and white defeated the...
photo by Randy Eckert

Ball Of Flame In Millstadt… Firefighters Battling Burning Propane Tank And Shed

Firefighters battled a large fire in the Saxtown area of rural Millstadt on Wednesday evening. A propane tank exploded at...