Rural Columbia Home Explodes… Destroyed By Fire

Share this post
emAil acc lookout DSC_2468

Homeowner Able To Safely Escape The rural Columbia home of Eddy Hayes was destroyed by fire following an explosion in the residence located in the Hilltop area on Friday morning, Oct. 18. There were no serious injuries. The initial report is the fire was caused by gas leaking from a recently lit furnace. Just after …

Rural Columbia Home Explodes… Destroyed By Fire Read More »

To access more content, login or subscribe to the Monroe County Independent. 

If you are are not yet a subscriber you can purchase a subscription here.

You Might Also Be Interested In
Email Email Bus Oak Hill

15 Covid Cases Now At Oak Hill

Monroe County’s senior care center is working hard to limit the further spread of covid-19 amongst its residents. There are...
Madison and Abigail McLean help their dad, County Clerk Jonathan McLean to transport mail in ballots to the Waterloo Post Office.

First Batch Of Ballot Are In The Mail

Monroe County Clerk Jonathan McLean reports that the mail-in ballot system is well underway for November’s general election. Registered voters...
Columbia High School golfers in the Top 10 at the Conference Golf Meet are, left to right, in blue, Megan Elliott, Mae Descher, Marissa Maldanodo and Malia Kossina.

Eagles Place Second In All-Conference Golf Meet

Red Bud’s Brenn Wilson finished in fifth place at the Cahokia Conference Meet. She is the...