Menu

Rural Columbia Home Explodes… Destroyed By Fire

Share this post
emAil acc lookout DSC_2468

Homeowner Able To Safely Escape The rural Columbia home of Eddy Hayes was destroyed by fire following an explosion in the residence located in the Hilltop area on Friday morning, Oct. 18. There were no serious injuries. The initial report is the fire was caused by gas leaking from a recently lit furnace. Just after …

Rural Columbia Home Explodes… Destroyed By Fire Read More »

To access more content, login or subscribe to the Monroe County Independent. 

If you are are not yet a subscriber you can purchase a subscription here.

You Might Also Be Interested In
Violence Prevention Center’s Melissa Tutterow, left, accepts 93 donated new bras from HCE’s Gracia Schlafly and Marlene Kolbe, right.

Home Extension Ladies Donate 93 Bras To Violence Prevention Center

The ladies of Home and Community Education (HCE) found new uses for old bras lying around their homes. During their...
cartoon Nice Rack

Nice Deer Rack

Longtime Valmeyer Lakers Manager Dennis “Boog” Pieper, center, gathers with current and former players during the Mon-Clair Hall Of Fame Banquet held Nov. 17 at Columbia’s Turner Hall. Boog earned a Lifetime Achievement award at the event.

Pieper, Vogel, Tallis And “Mubba” Honored At Mon-Clair Banquet

Dennis Pieper, left, attends the Mon-Clair Baseball Banquet with his mother, Dottie, and brother Gary. The...