Menu

Welder Sparks Gasoline Can Fire

Share this post
Columbia Firefighter Casey Jahr approaches Nate Spihlmann to check on his condition and inquire how the fire started.
Columbia Firefighter Casey Jahr approaches Nate Spihlmann to check on his condition and inquire how the fire started.

A Friday morning gasoline can fire sparked by welding damaged a truck in Columbia. Nate Spihlmann, son of Mike and Stacy Spihlmann, was working on a demolition derby car in his garage in the 900 block of North Main Street. A welding spark got too close to a gas can in the car’s back seat …

Welder Sparks Gasoline Can Fire Read More »

To access more content, login or subscribe to the Monroe County Independent. 

If you are are not yet a subscriber you can purchase a subscription here.

You Might Also Be Interested In
email IMG_5187

Rural St. Joe Home Damaged In Fire

A rural St. Joe home sustained substantial fire and smoke damage in a Friday evening blaze. A 911 call was...
email obit Dee_Stumpf_20200123-164528

Former Coroner Deanna Stumpf Passes

“Dee” Was A Community Minded Citizen Who Helped Found Local Ambulance Services Former Monroe County Coroner Deanna “Dee” Stumpf of...
Gary Hemmer

FNB’s Hemmer To Retire In June

First National Bank of Waterloo and President and CEO Gary Hemmer will retire June 30. His tenure began July 1,...